This module examines the fundamental principles of wound assessment and management focusing on:
- Skin anatomy and the physiology of wound healing
- The different classifications of wound healing and the factors that prevent wounds from healing
- Bacteria and Biofilms and...
This module has been developed specifically for Aboriginal Health Practitioners (AHPs) to assist them in gaining the knowledge, skill, competence and confidence required to assess and manage patients with wounds, within their scope of practice.
The Aboriginal Health Practitioner Module is suitable for all Aboriginal Health Care employees who may look after people with a...
This online course is for members of the Australian College of Remote and Rural Medicine and Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. The course comprises of the following modules:
- Introduction to Wound Management
- Fundamentals of Burn Management
- Comprehensive Foot Ulcer Management
- Lower Leg Ulcer Management
- Management of Malignant Wounds
- Perineal Care Module
- Assessment and...
This module provides foot assessment, management and prevention strategies for foot ulcers including:
- Foot ulcer epidemiology and the anatomy of the lower leg
- How to identify an ‘At Risk’ foot and determine differences between neuropathic and arterial ulcers
This module outlines the emergency treatment of burns and includes the principles of:
- Burn injury assessment, burn first aid and referral criteria
- Emergency management of burn patients
- Burn wound management.
The burns module...
This module has been developed specifically for Personal Care Workers to help them understand the importance of healthy skin and recognise the different skin conditions and injuries that can occur. This module explains how the skin works and discusses the causes of skin damage and how to reduce the risks of injury.The Healthy Skin Module...
This module explores leg ulcer assessment, management and prevention strategies including:
- Leg anatomy, calf pump physiology and leg ulcer aetiology
- Comprehensive contra lateral leg assessment
- Principles of leg ulcer management and correct application of compression...
This module explores the assessment and management of malignant wounds including:
- Skin cancer risk factors especially for Basal and Squamous Cell Carcinomas and Melanomas
- Characteristics of premalignant skin changes and pre-cancerous lesions
- Diagnosis and holistic management of the person...
The aim of this online module is to provide you with the theoretical knowledge and understanding that is necessary to identify risks for perineal trauma. The module will also enable you to recognise and repair perineal trauma sustained during childbirth and advise women on how to relieve perineal pain.
The Perineal Care Module is suitable...
This module explores pressure injury assessment, management and prevention strategies including:
- Completing a pressure injury risk assessment, the tools recommended and how to conduct a skin assessment
- Classification of pressure injuries using the NPUAP/EPUAP pressure injury classification system and subsequent...
This module explores skin tear assessment, management and prevention strategies including:
- Skin tear risk factors such as advanced age, dependence for activities of daily living, and visible skin changes
- Maintaining a safe environment and effective handling techniques
- Classification using...