Following our sold out workshop series in July, Wound Innovations is excited to introduce a complete one-day Fundamentals of Wound Management Workshop held on the 4th August. Located at our state of the art learning facilities at Spring Hill, this event utilizes a practical skills development approach to learning about evidenced based wound management.
- Friday the 4th August 2017
- 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Catered lunch and beverages
- Certificate of Attendence with CPD hours
- Wound Resource Pack
- Low cost parking on site
CPD hours: 7 total
Location: Wound Innovations Boundary Court, Ground Floor 55 Little Edward Street, Spring Hill, Brisbane QLD 4000
Cost: $215.00 incl. GST
Enrol today: https://wound-workshop-august.eventbrite.com.au
All clinicians who are involved in wound management as part of their day-to-day practice, such as:
- General Practitioners
- Practice Nurses
- Community Nurses
Dr Michelle Gibb (PhD, NP- Wound Management) is the Clinical Director of Wound Innovations. Michelle has extensive clinical experience in wound management and is well known both nationally and internationally for her expertise in this area.
Sharon Whalley (NP-candidate, Grad Dip Wound Care) has extensive experience in the both acute and chronic wound management. Sharon enjoys sharing her knowledge and skills with other clinicians to improve outcomes for patients who live with wounds.
- Display an understanding of the physiology of normal wound repair and the body’s response to injury
- Recognise the physiological differences between acute and chronic wounds and demonstrate knowledge of common wound types
- Identify principles required to perform a holistic assessment of the patient with a wound
- Identify factors that may affect wound healing
- Apply a broad range of evidence based wound treatment options based on the principles of wound assessment
- Identify patient education requirements
- Recognise when and where to refer patients to maximise wound healing