- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Lymphoedema & Wound Care Management Workshop
October 4, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
Earn 10 Hours CPD and learn evidence-based management of lymphoedema and wound care in this half day workshop.
Located at our state of the art learning facilities at Spring Hill, this event utilises a practical skills development approach to learning about evidenced based management of lymphodema in chronic wounds.
- Display an understanding of the physiology of normal wound repair and the body’s response to injury
- Develop an understanding of the diagnosis of lymphoedema and management strategies
- Recognise the impact lymphoedema and lymphorrhoea has on the skin and wound healing
- Identify principles required to perform a holistic assessment of the patient with lymphoedema and a chronic wound
- Identify factors that may affect wound healing in the setting of lymphoedema
- Apply a broad range of evidence based wound treatment options in the setting of lymphoedema and high volume leaking wounds
- Identify patient education requirements
- Recognise when and where to refer patients to maximise wound healing
- Wound Product User Guide (RRP $30+GST)
- 1x Online module of your choice from our e-learning suite (RRP $50+GST)
- Morning tea
- Certificate of Attendance
- Printed slides & learning materials
- 4 hrs CPD workshop, 6 hrs CPD online module
All clinicians who are involved in wound management as part of their day-to-day practice, such as: General Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Community Nurses, Registered and Enrolled Nurses. Undergraduate students are also welcome and encouraged to attend.